Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge Ram 2500: My theft deterrent system in my 2004 Ram 2500

Customer Question

My theft deterrent system in my 2004 Ram 2500 has tripped. I didn't even know it had one for the 2 years I've owned it until now. The truck won't start, the lights are all flashing. I put a new battery in it but the system won't reset. It does not have keyless entry and I'm using the only key the dealer gave me (that has worked until now).
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you!Send me the VIN number. I want to see what kind of security system you have. Then we will go from there.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3d7ku28d34g227724
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will look it up.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, based on that VIN number, this truck does not have a factory alarm. It must have an aftermarket one. So try this: look under the dash around the steering column for a small black push button,Or on the bottom of the dash. If you see it, turn on the ignition and push that button. Let me know how it goes.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow! Found it. Had to pull part of the panel apart but eventually there it was. Sure would have been nice for the dealer to have told me it was there but I assume the Original Owner never told them. What a pain in the A$$!Thanks! Appreciate the help!
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Aha! Yes!! I was hoping you would find it and glad you did. Well now you know it is there huh? Glad I was able to help you out and thank you for allowing me to assist you tonight.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
When you get a chance would you take a minute to rate my service? If you have more questions after you rate, no worries I will still assist you.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and wondering if I was at all helpful in helping you figuring out the alarm issue in your truck. If not, please let me know why so that I do not make that mistake in the future.
Thanks
Chris