Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Dodge Ram 1500: I misread the instructions on the can

Customer Question

Hello I misread the instructions on the can of seafoam and put half a bottle in the brake booster instead of the brake booster line, my brakes were doing great until today (about 1 week ago). now I am experiencing a hard brake pedal that barely moves and almost doesn't stop the vehicle. What happened what should I do now
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you actually dump the cleaner into the booster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 1/2 a can of seafoam right into the booster
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately if you actually added the cleaner to the booster then you have damaged the booster, the booster has a rubber diaphragm in it and the cleaner is a petroleum bases product and when it comes in contact with rubber it will swell it up and keep it from working as it should. The fix unfortunately is going to be to replace the booster and also make sure there is no residue in the vacuum supply line.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short
Thank you, Ron