Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge 2500: my 5.9 cummins runs ok but loses power on the hills

Customer Question

my 5.9 cummins runs ok but loses power on the hills due to the turbo not kicking in ,check engine codes say p028 and p029 ,high low turbo sensor,any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay..
I was looking up the codes and am not able to find them as posted. The "P Codes" should consist of 5 digits, the letter and a series of 4 numbers, your codes only show three numbers. Can you post the actual p codes that are coming up and we can go from there...
Thank you,
Robert