sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Doge grand carvan 3.3 engine flex fuel: My engine light and

Customer Question

My engine light and throttlet light will not go off I have replaced the throttle body, egr valve, spark plugs my van still hassle taking and loosing power cutting off can you tell me what the problem is.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The electronic throttle control light comes on when the powertrain control module has seen an issue that will prevent it from correctly controlling RPM. There are quite a few possibilities for the ETC light including the throttle body, accelerator pedal position sensor, wiring, the PCM itself, a vacuum leak or intake restriction, the MAP sensor, and I've seen a handful of cases where the PCV valve popped out of the valve cover and caused it.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting in the PCM and go from there. Depending on what codes are set it may require some electrical testing from there.