sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The wipers and fluid plus horn all started working when driving

Customer Question

The wipers and fluid plus horn all started working when driving down the road. Whats going on and is this something we can fix without taking vehicle to dealership
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 dodge nitro while driving down road the wipers,fluid and horn all started working on its own. if its the tipm can it be fixed at home without going to a dealer and where is this tipm located on car. I just sent my money but lost the page as I had to go to email for password ***** could not get back to same page I was on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 dodge nitro while driving down the road the wiper, fluid and horn all started working on its own. If its the tipm can this be fixed at home without going to a dealer for the repair and where is the tipm located on this vehicle. I already put the credit card number in to pay for an answer but had to go to the email for a password ***** could not get back to page I was on
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It may be something you can repair on your own but that would depend on your ability and comfort level. Diagnosing the problem will require electrical testing as well as a scan tool.
The problem could be a handful of things. The horn switch along with all other items on the steering column are inputs to the steering column module, which then reports to the instrument cluster. The cluster then sends a CAN bus signal to the TIPM which controls the appropriate item. The problem could be the steering column module, instrument cluster, wiring, or the TIPM.
The TIPM would be the most likely cause for this. The TIPM is the module/fuse box under the hood.