sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a chrysler sebring 07 I just got my car out of the

Customer Question

I have a chrysler sebring 07 I just got my car out of the shop for top engine problems. A few days later my check engine light came on as well as the electric light. Took it to my mechanic and he said it was the throttle body. So I bought a used one and
installed it yesterday. Now my car won't even turn over. The ac and radio come on so I know it's not the battery. Do you know what it might be.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to not crank. it will take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on.
It takes only a few amps to run the blower motor or radio but hundreds to crank the starter. If you hear no noise from the engine compartment then the battery most likely isn't the issue, but if you hear a single or rapid clicking then the battery is suspect.
Other possible causes are the starter itself, ignition switch, wiring, cables and connections, the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood), a transmission range sensor related issue and the powertrain control module. If the PCM isn't awake then the starter won't engage and you shoudl also note the fuel pump doesn't run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this normal when changing a throttle body?
No, this isn't related to replacing the throttle body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything was working fine other than the throttle body prior to putting the used one in. Do u think it was put in fine. We have checked everything and can't find any cause y it wouldn't start. The only thing is now when we try to turn it on the click sounds like it's coming from the throttle but the radio only comes on after the car is turned off. Do you think it would be the battery?
Yes, a dead battery will definitely cause a no crank condition and was one of the things I mentioned in my first post.