Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Stratus: i have a1998 dodge stratus . the thing is when I am

Customer Question

i have a1998 dodge stratus . the thing is when I am driving the door locks make the sound that they are unlocking and the door alarm comes on and stays on like the doors are open but they are not. what could cause this to be happening?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! What is causing this is a failing door ajar switch. When the switch "glitches" it is signaling the BCM (Body control Module) that a door is being opened. That causes the power locks to cycle and the door alarm to go off. Is this a 2 or 4 door Stratus?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Are you still with me?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris