-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge RAM 1500: I have the same problem hot air right and cool

Customer Question

I have the same problem hot air right and cool on the lest. How do I test the blend doors and correct.
Thank You BobMac
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.As odd as it may sound this is a very common effect of low refrigeranton these. Check and make sure its fully charged before going any further. I imagine thats going to be your issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My problem is the heat. passenger(right) side hot air on the left side cool, 2 new doors, new heat core, new ac core, 4 new motors. I have trying to fix this for 2 years, ever time I fix it something new. (new radiator reservoir). Now the right side is perfect, left side not heat.

Thank You

I know what your problem is and I know how ridiculous my solution sounds but humor me and check it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ac Freon is OK 40psi

Whats the high side pressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

high side 150psi

I stand behind my previous statement then. You are low on refrigerant. Charge it to the proper level and recheck and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

proper level. low side 40psi high side 150psi

Im gonna opt out and see if another expert can help on this. I dont know which way to go without starting where I think the problem is.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!

My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.

Did you install the blend(Hot/Cold) doors yourself? Were the old ones broke?

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes 2 doors have been replace new Dodge doors. Not that doors that you cut into the box.

That is a heat problem.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Are you sure they were blend doors you replaced? There is no doors you have to cut into the box. If you select heat and the passenger side is hot while the driver side is cool then you need to inspect the blend doors that are on top of the box. Did you install the doors?

Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

today I have check temp pass side 150 drive side 120. The temps are Vent and Heater. Defrost temps 118 both

If I need to take the dash off, came you tell my which doors I should I look in to. (it will take 3 or 4 days until I came work on it)

thank you

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
HI,

The blend door is pictured here:

The dash will need to be removed as well as the HVAC housing and disassembled. The blend door is likely bad and if so then we offer a kit to replace the entire blend door housing with a revised one....

I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance all you have to do is reply..
And feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs.

Have a great day,
Brad