-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

1500 sport: My 02 1500 sport is have some shuddering issues

Customer Question

My 02 1500 sport is have some shuddering issues I'm thinking Trans is going would tightening the band's help with this issue
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
How does the fluid look? Have you tried servicing it?
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fluid looks pink still was gonna do a filter change and see if that helps any had it flushed last year about this time
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
HI,
The shudder is from the clutches not fully engaging all the way and will vibrate/chatter/shudder until they are fully engaged. Since the fluid it's burnt, there's a chance you can service the transmission and add some friction modifier like Trans-x which also has alcohol to sweel the seals and give you a firmer shift. Give that a try and if you still have the shudder after 500 miles then I would look into building the transmission..
I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance all you have to do is reply..
And feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs.
Thank you for the positive rating!
Have a great day,
Brad