Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dodge Grand Caravan: I just had my engine replaced in my 2006

Customer Question

I just had my engine replaced in my 2006 Dodge Grand caravan and the air bag light for the passenger seat is on now. I was told that I need to have the seat recalibrated so the light will turn off. also the turn signals will not turn off after you turn. I know of someone who went to a dealer and it would still not turn off even after going to a dealer. Please advise.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
If you know the air bag code number that was stored, I can confirm the diag and repair that is needed or if in fact calibration is needed. If so then a dealer level scan tool is needed.
The turn signal lights staying on after turning is a faulty cancel cam, part of the multifunction switch.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris