sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge 2500: I have2007 dodge diesel driving down road it shut

Customer Question

I have2007 dodge diesel driving down road it shut off & will not start totally dead. Have checked all modalals All lights works Turn key & there is nothing
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the engine died while driving and now will not crank then I would first suspect the ECM isn't awake. If the ECM isn't awake it will obviously die but the starter won't engage either. YOu will also note the transfer pump doesn't run when the key is first turned on and the injectors don't tick for a short time when the key is turned on.
If the ECM is down it could be from a loss of power or ground, an internal failure, a short to power on a sensor ground circuit, or a short to ground on a reference voltage circuit. These could be internally shorted sensors, the fan clutch, or a wiring issue.
If fuses are good and the ECM isn't awake then you would need to test these circuits for shorts and load test the ECM powers and grounds before condemning it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The A/c was turned on about 20 min before it happen Could that have anything to do with it?
Most likely not but you can try unplugging the a/c transducer and fan clutch and see if the ECM wakes up.