sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Durango: I have a 2004 dodge Durango 5.7L when I come

Customer Question

I have a 2004 dodge Durango 5.7L when I come to a stop it stalls but only in the morning
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already changed the ecg valve
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem only happens when coming to a stop then I would first suspect a trans issue. If the torque converter clutch comes on when coming to a stop then it will drag the engine down and kill it quickly.
The most likely cause for this, especially intermittent, on this trans would be the pump sucking air. If the trans fluid level is low or the sump filter is sucking air due to a damaged seal or split seam then it will cause the engine to die when coming to a stop.