Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

Dodge ram 2500: I have an 04 ram 2500. abs and brake light

Customer Question

I have an 04 ram 2500. abs and brake light are on all the time I've changed hubs and put new abs sensor in. still having issues
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Richard! I'm a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep tech with 23+ years experience & I'm going to try my best to help, so let's get started!
The rear ABS sensor and wiring on top of the rear differential is usually the one that causes the problem. This sensor is in a bad spot, it gets road debris thrown at it from the tires and eventually it will damage the wiring and sensor.
I have also seen numerous ABS modules get water into the connector and it eventually corrodes the pins off. I would remove the ABS connector and inspect the pins to see if some are broke off and stuck in the female terminals of the connector. Be careful when you remove the connector, there is a lock on the retaining latch that needs to be pressed before folding the latch over. You'll also need to pull on the connector as you fold the latch over.
Has anyone checked the ABS module for fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've hooked it up to my snap on scanner and cleared all the codes. Light comes back on after driving 5 min. I've also put old sensors back in and got the same results
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What are the fault codes?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you could please give me the fault codes, I can help you diagnose this without replacing a bunch of parts.
Please let me know!