sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler: My 2008 Chrysler Serbing Top only goes half way down.

Customer Question

My 2008 Chrysler Serbing Top only goes half way down. I am assuming I need to fill the hydraulic fluid. However everything shows the top down to do so since I have to remove the rear seat. How can I get the top to go down to do this? The motor does still run while it is trying to go down but it stops halfway and we have to put it back up.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The rear seat isn't removed to fill the top fluid. The pump and reservoir are located in the trunk just to the left of the latch area. To access it you'll remove the trim panel that covers the rear of the trunk area and you'll find the pump. Remove the bolts from it's bracket, rotate the assembly and you'll find the fill plug on the left end.