Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Dodge durango: 02 Durango engine started loping at stop sign

Customer Question

02 Durango engine started loping at stop sign and died. cranks and sounds like it's about to start but doesn't
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (54 to 55 PSI) and compression. The place to start is to check each one of these starting with the fuel pressure . If the fuel pressure checks okay then check for good spark as well as injector pulse and compression. Both pack with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.