Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2000 dodge durango 4.7 slt 4x4 , placed new battery in it

Customer Question

2000 dodge durango 4.7 slt 4x4 , placed new battery in it saturday drove home 40 miles turned off started up sunday drove another 85 miles round trip got home went to start up next morning and now it just cranks wont start. I know when we replaced the battery it never had any of its anti theft go off or nothing? when i go to start car it chimes and chimes till i turn key when door is even shut no lights or gauges are on dash either. i checked all fuses inside and under hood nothing blown? boyfriend took out relays and swapped them in different spots still just cranks nothing?

I just was able to start it in neutral took and put it in park and then stayed running , turned it off and restarted in park and started right up? just now, now im afraid to take it anywhere incase it quits again ????

Category: Dodge