Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Any suggestions. It is now too dangerous to drive the vehicle?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
You need to include more information so I can better understand what it is you are asking. Why do you think it is dangerous to drive? What are the symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike, I had described the problem on another page. The car has stalled out and stopped running at high speed four separate times. Have you ever tried that stunt? Not a lot of fun trying to move over 4 lanes at 70 mph with no accelerator, power steering or power brakes. Extremely dangerous. The dealer has changed out the oxygen sensor, the fuel pump, and the gage cluster. Now if I hit the sport button on the dash, I get Chinese lettering where the mileage or sport sign should be. No kidding. The stalling out remains though and the dealer can't figure it out.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, you have to press the brake just the one time and don't pump the brake pedal cause you will deplete all of the booster vacuum and then have no brakes at all after a few pumps. If you come across this situation in the future, pull the emergency/parking brake release and push down on the emergency/parking brake pedal or pull on on the lever whichever ir is. You can maybe get a little bit of braking help there but don't burn out the emergency/parking brake.
I don't know why someone would replace the fuel pump and not the fuel filter also.
To answer your question, yes this is dangerous and I suggest not driving it until it's fixed or if you must not over 30 mph.
Did anyone retrieve and codes from the computer?