Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

Dodge durango limited: I have an 08 durango limited with a

Customer Question

I have an 08 durango limited with a loud clicking sound coming from behind the interior panel on the rear passenger side. I have been told that the problem is a servo but can find no reference to it. What could it
Be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you have rear a/c in your Durango.........correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clicking will last only a few seconds and there is no one thing that will cause it to occur. It goes off while driving and when the engine is off and you open s door or the rear hatch
Thanks for the reply. Ok, the rear heating and a/c unit in the back of your Durango uses electric motors.......also called actuators or servos.....to move the doors that determine whether you get cool air or hot air from the rear system.These actuators uses plastic gears to make the doors move and the noise you are hearing is because the plastic gears are stripped inside the actuator. To correct this, you'll need to remove the interior trim panels in order to access the actuator and then replace it.I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further please reply back to me. Thanks!