Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge Ram 2500 diesel: my AC quit working on my 06 ram 2500

Customer Question

my AC quit working on my 06 ram 2500 my mechanic says the AC system is working properly and charged up. does TIPM control the AC and is that the part that needs to be replaced and is t
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Yes the TIPM does control the AC clutch. Did the mechanic confirm that there is no voltage going to the compressor's clutch? Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know if he specifically check for voltage going to the clutch I only know that the system was checked for proper operation and leaks. is it possible to get a new tipM and have it pre programmed butt plug and play installation
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Well you can get a new TIPM and install it, but it has to be programmed/configured after it is installed. It cannot be pre programmed and then installed (like you can with a PCM). You can install it, then drive it to the dealer and have the TIOPM configured. The only thing you will notice is that the ABS light may be ion, and some options like fog lights may not work until it is configured. Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked into a remanufactured Tipm from Dorman and they claim the units are programmed already and you only need to cycle the key and wait 30 seconds for it to learn your vehicle.do you think that is accurate information or would I be disappointed after I get the part installed
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, I have never heard of this, but if that is what Dorman says, then I say try it! That would be a good thing if that is true. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm, you are still getting the P0301 code? Does it feel like it is misfiring?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure which code I was getting but I did have a number 5 misfire and had a new fuel injector put in and it runs smooth now.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Ok, well that is good.