Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

Ram 1500 4X4: I have a 2010 ram 1500. The moonroof won't go

Customer Question

I have a 2010 ram 1500. The moonroof won't go back. The motor is good. It try's to go back but it acts like their is something in it stops it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I've run into this issue a number of times and the problem is internal to the sunroof motor assembly.To access the motor you'll need to drop the headliner down and it is held in place with 3 torx headed screws. Hope that helps........let me know if you need anything further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we do the work ourselves? Tell me again what I need to fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I've uploaded the headliner removal instructions and you can download it from here....https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbr24nspo0fm6ua/headliner.pdf?dl=0
Hello again. I am just following up with you to see how you made out and if you need anything further. Thanks for your time, and please don’t neglect to leave positive ratings since it is an important part of how JustAnswer works!