Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

The battery light on my 07 caliber came on then the abs light.

Customer Question

the battery light on my 07 caliber came on then the abs light. the spedometer quit working. engine was stuttering then the car died on the freeway
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** the fact the battery light came on, it would appear your charging system stopped working. The other symptoms you have posted could also be caused by a failure of the charging system and consequent low battery voltage.Your first step will be to charge the battery back up fully and then have the alternator tested. If you have a lot of miles on this 07, then you may well need a new alternator, assuming the belt is still ok. I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further please reply back to me. Thanks!
Hello again. I am just following up with you to see how you made out and if you need anything further. Thanks for your time, and please don’t neglect to leave positive ratings since it is an important part of how JustAnswer works!