Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

My injector pump is missing all but one of the bolts that connect

Customer Question

My injector pump is missing all but one of the bolts that connect it to the flywheel cover. Are there 3 or 4 bolts and what size is the bolt itself?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the threads and length, not just the size of the head
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pump is actually missing all three of the mounting bolts. Are there supposed to be studs and nuts to mount it or are there just bolts that attach it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What year is your Dodge Ram? Once I know the year, I'll be able to tell you what size and number of bolts that hold the pump to the timing housing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 Ram 3500
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There are supposed to be 3 studs in the timing housing and three nuts holding the pump to the housing. The stud size is 10 mm X 1.5 pitch and 50 mm long. The thread pitch on both sides of the stud is the same. The part number for the stud is(###) ###-####A and the nut is(###) ###-#### ***** hope this helps!Thank you,Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm just checking in to see the info I provided helped you. Please let me know.
Thank you,