Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

1998 dodge ram sport 4x4 5.9l auto: ***** ***** 1500 5.9l 4wd

Customer Question

1998 ram 1500 5.9l 4wd auto. battery went dead and the key was left on. when charger was connected, the relays went nuts. checked all fuses and relays in eng comp and cab. replaced crank sensor, ing pickup coil. no spark and no fuel pump. also, gages are not correct and are acting wierd. no amp meter, fuel gauge not working. Help,,
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing my be due to the computer and all the system connected to it need to be reset. To do so, disconnect the battery and get it fully charged and before you reconnect it, take the positive and negative battery cables and touch them together. This will reset the cluster as well as the PCM. Once you have touched them together, reconnect them to the battery and see if the engine now starts and runs.