Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7: Hey Neal, have the dodge cummins

Customer Question

Hey Neal, have the dodge cummins 6.7, indicator exhaust system full, power reduced, see dealer. Did, they want $8000 for new DPF n Turbo. I still have good power, motor not running hot. About to make a 1500 mile trip. Would rather order parts and do repair at trip end if necessary. The indicator just recently came on. Any chance this will finally go into regen once on highway and self remedy? Dealer says no. I don't trust. Worst case, will it make the trip and I'm at same spot dealer says I'm at now at trips end?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
The very first step in repairing your vehicle is going to be determining what is wrong, and to do this you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the modules. Once you have the codes then you will be able to run the diagnostics for each code to determine the cause of the issues..
Can you have the codes read and post them here?
Brad