-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

durango: I have a 00 Durango with power seats. the driver side

I have a 00 Durango with power seats. the driver side one will travel about 1-2 inches without the motor so it rocks each time you stop. is there some way to stop that?
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Dodge Dealership technician, and can you tell me if it's the actual seat track that is moving 1-2 inches? If so then it's fairly common and the fix is to replace the seat track.. I have even had to do one on a 2012 300 under warranty.. Sometimes the seat track doesn't latch right and get's loose...

Keep me posted,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the track that bolts to the floor is moving back and forth on the track that has the motor on it.

So if I understand you correctly, the seat will move back and forth, while the seat bottom that is bolted to the frame is not moving? If so them that is the seat track that needs to be replaced..

Keep me posted,