ASEMaster35yrs, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck,dodge dealer Tech

1994 B250 ram van 318: DTC: 37 part 1condition Detected in

DTC: 37 part 1condition Detected in the torque converter clutch ( Part throttle onlock) solenoid control circuit. shift solenoid c electrical fault. Aisin transmission or trans relay circuit in JTEC re tranmission DTC:37 part 2 an open or shorted condition detected in the overdrive solenoid control circuit or trans relay circuit in JTEC re transmission all i need to know is what part to buy and where on the van it is lacated. thank you.

the van idle is very high now, the idle will not go back down to normal

Remove trans pan to access Overdrive and TC Solenoids.

I'm switching to Q&A format to be notified of your response.

Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will this part I ordered from you bring my idle back down to normal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have more questions
As far as your idle, Your IAC valve and coolant sensor will have much to do with that. Also check for vacuum leaks. You first need to check for codes and repair what you know is bad. The shift solenoids control your shifts but they also get input from your TPS sensor so I would also check to make sure your TPS sensor is good and adjusted properly. What are your symptoms? What are your codes? Thank you for your excellent feedback. Thank you for using just answer. You can continue asking more questions here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wrong part wrong Youtube wrong transmission. I am sending the part back. I drop my oil pan and it was totally different from the video.

That part is for the trans that came with your vehicle and fits 94-99. If your trans has been replaced with something else I have no way of knowing. I will opt out and let other experts see if they can help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my trans is original form new. that part you sold me is now where to found. the youtube i was looking at is not my trans. I pulled the pan off look nothing look youtube. 1994 318 B250 van

Are you saying there are no wires and no solenoids inside your trans? they made two different types of control solenoids, one with converter lock up and one without. See this link:,carcode,1073854,parttype,8476,a,

Are there any other codes? Have you replaced the TPS sensor and checked IAC valve? Have you checked your coolant sensor? These sensors would affect your idle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is it located it is nothing like the YouTube you have. I will look for some numbers tomorrow.

Here's a couple videos but they are lengthy and completely go through the transmission for rebuild. The solenoid is located on the valve body.

I would take a close look at your coolant sensor for idle problem.