Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

ram 1500: I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 Daytona @ about 60mph

I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 Daytona @ about 60mph it jumps out of high gear & gets stuck there engine code p2706 came up

Ok, this is for a fault in the transmission shift solenoid pack, located on top side of the valve body inside the transmission, which is why you are encountering the shifting issue

the first step is to check the wiring harness at the transmission for cuts, chafing or breaks and repair as needed.

If ok, then transmission solenoid pack assembly is replaced. it is 1.9 hours labor to drop the transmission oil pan, remove the filter, then remove the valve body to access and replace the solenoid pack assembly. The 1.9 hours labor will be about $150 to $190 in labor, depending upon the shop's hourly labor rate. Parts, including the the solenoid pack, new filter and gasket and fluid, will be about $430

Total parts and labor will be about $580 to $620