Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

ram 1500 Mark III CONVERSION van: I have a 99 dodge ram 1500

I have a 99 dodge ram 1500 Mark III CONVERSION VAN. Need location of fuel pump relay. Cannot find it under the hood, on the side panel fuse box or under the steering column. Please help.

Hello, my name isXXXXX you for allowing me to assist you! The fuel pump relay is in the under hood fuse box. look on the inside of the fuse box lid to see which one is the relay.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it isn't. That is the fuel system relay. Is that the same thing? Fuel pump relay I bought for this van is totally different than the fuel system relay.

Yes that is the same relay, just labeled differently. The relay should look like this

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is definitely the relay i have but I cannot find one that size anywhere on the van. There is no way for that breaker to plug onto the box. Wrong terminal type and wrong size.

Maybe you have the slimmer smaller one like this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes but when the van died I switched that out with a different one and it didn't help. Fuel pump I guess. Ive just never seen the relay for the actual pump in the fuse box

Well Mike, it could be the fuel pump, but it may be the PCM (engine computer) or cam or crank sensor. Do you have a good spark?