Ram 3500: 2012/ 3500 ram-Cummins diesel-6 speed manual-10,000

2012/ 3500 ram-Cummins diesel-6 speed manual-10,000 lb's total weight-25,000 miles.
Nobody drive their truck easier than I do. The one time I ask my truck to perform, the clutch slips. I was in soft sand and I put it in 4 wheel low. Cutch slipped, 3 to 5 seconds before I realized the speedometer was not moving( ergo wheels not turning ). I disengage clutch and try it again. This time it eased on out of the sand like it should. What's up with the clutch?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX deep was the sand?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
8 to 10 inches, the second time I engaged the clutch, it eased on out with no problem
Sorry for the delay, io lost my internet connection, if it only slipped this once, i believe it is in the hydraulic system, if it were mechanical in the clutch itself, it would not have corrected itself, has it done it again at all since that once?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it has not.but, I have not required the trk to perform again. I am an extremely easy and conservative driver. Did 3 to 5 seconds of slip do much damage to the clutch? I have not been to the dealer with this because I do not trust them and wanted to get more info first.
No, the 3 to 5 seconds of slipping will not hurt the ckutch, I suspect some sand may have got up around the slave cylinder and kept it from releasing all the way, thus causing the slipping, if it were in the clutch disc, it would not have recovered, if it does it again, then I would suspect a bad slave cylinder, but I really think it was some sand or debris caught around the slave,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was told by another dodge driver that there is a modulator to regulate the torque and the clutch somehow that could be the culprit .
No, not in the manual trans, it does not have this,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your time and help
Anytime my friend,Tim