Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

dodge ram 1500: have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 with 5.9l engine.

have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 with 5.9l engine. in last month has started dieing while going down the broad. just quits like it was shut off and will not start. wait 10 or 15 minutes and will start and run fine for a week or two before it happens again. I have obd2 scanner and no error codes displayed. when it happens no bus shows on odometer
Hello and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

The most common cause of this condition (both symptoms) is going to be a bad PCM. This is very common. The Powertrain control module will go bad and cause a stalling as well as a no bus reading on the odometer. The best way to diagnose this is to check the powers and grounds going into the computer when this happens. Also, be sure that the 5 volt reference circuit is not getting shorted out by a bad sensor or a wiring issue. If all checks out ok, replace the PCM.

Glad I can help.