Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics

Grand Caravan SE: Hello, I have a 2013 Grand Caravan Se that

I have a 2013 Grand Caravan Se that we purchased used with 3,700 miles registered. I have had it a week and have just started to notice a squeal comming from the area around the serp. belt. Why would I be having this issue on a such a young vehicle? I need to determine if I have to take it in to the dealer since I plan to take the family on a trip this weekend using the vehicle.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was not available to assist you. It appears the Tech is Offline at the moment. Hopefully, I can be of some help...

From what you are describing here, with the soap and rinsing, it does sound like the Serpentine Belt has some "glazing" or excessive cracks along the ribbed side. It is very strange that the belt should have this condition with so little miles on the vehicle. At this point, the belt should be removed and the pulleys should be inspected and make sure they are all aligned correctly and there is no "play" in any. The tensioner should also be inspected to make sure it has the correct tension on the belt (the tensioner is pre-set and cannot be adjusted. If not correct, it will need to be replaced). If these all check ok, a new belt should be installed. If you are planning a trip with the vehicle, I would recommend the belt be replaced and the items above checked before the trip- just to be on the safe side.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-ups! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!