Ryan-CTech, Dodge Enthusiast
Experience:  Technical-minded multi-skilled auto mechanic with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of automobiles.

Grand Cherokee Larado: My sons jeep grand cherokee was remote

My son's jeep grand cherokee was remote started to cool two days ago. When he got in and put the key in the ignition, the car stopped. It wouldn't start again right away. Yesterday he was driving the car and it stopped. He called me to go get him, 100 degrees out. But before I could get out of the house he called back saying the car started again. He says it doesn't feel like it is starving for gas it just stalls and then takes a while before it will restart. Could this be an easy fix or should he get a new car?

Dodge-Tech :

Welcome to JA!

Dodge-Tech :

My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you this Morning :)

Dodge-Tech :

Not starting when its Hot outside could be a few small cheap things.

Dodge-Tech :

1. Is a dirty Air filter.

2. Is a Dirty Fuel Filter

3. Is a defective gas cap.

It could also be dirty fuel injectors or worn spark plugs.

Dodge-Tech :

I would recommend a tune up. He might also want to have it checked for Trouble Codes. Any Auto Parts Store will scan his Jeep and inform him of any stored Codes. If any are present you can give them to me and I can give further instruction on how to correct it. :)

Its a whole lot cheaper to fix a car then it is to replace it :)

Please reply here with any additional questions you may have. I am always here to help. My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service. If you feel I have answered your question and are happy please Rate. If not, just let me know what I can do to help. :)