Ryan-CTech, Dodge Enthusiast
Experience:  Technical-minded multi-skilled auto mechanic with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of automobiles.

Dakota: Hi I have a Dodge Dakota 2001 that I just bought used

Hi I have a Dodge Dakota 2001 that I just bought used and I disconnected a battery cable to help clear a check engine light that was on. Once I reconnected the cable the car will not start. Clicking only. Please advise.

Dodge-Tech :

Welcome to JA!

Before we get to involved could you humor me and unhook both Battery Cables. The Connect the Positive First. Twist the Terminal back and forth then tighten it. Then do the same for the Negative. Make sure the Key is in the Off position :)

I will wait while you do so .

Dodge-Tech :

Just reply back to me when you have done this. :)

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Yep - that did the trick - so simple, thanks!