Neal
Neal, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  30 years experience in Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth

300: 2007 CHRYSLER 300 5.7 HEMI P013C CODE

2007 CHRYSLER 300 5.7 HEMI P013C CODE
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

There is a TSB out for that which requires re-programming the PCM, this must be done by the dealer and only that will resolve the issue. The PCM is just not seeing the o2 sensor respond as fast as the software calls for.

Here is a link to the TSB

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB_300C_Forums/TSB_1801207.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

HI NEAL,A NOTE IS ON THE TSB ONLY APPLIES TO LX MODELS WITH 3.5 LITER ENGINES SALES CODE EGG AND CALIFORNIA,EMISSIONS, SALES CODE NAE.I HAVE 5.7 3OO HEMI DOES IT NOT MATTER?.

Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.

That issue in your vehicle is also resolved with the same procedure. That is a similar TSB.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK GOING TO DEALER,PRAY FOR ME.

Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.
I am pretty confident it will just be a re-program. It is unfortunate you have to go to the dealer, I know no one likes that. Good Luck with it!!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

HI NEAL,JUST HAD A SHOP THAT CAN FLASH THE 300 C. THEY FLASHED THE LATEST FLASH TSB NUMBER IS XXXXX AB ACCORDING TO CHRYSLER.WE FLASHED IT THIS MORNING.BANK 2 SENSOR 1 STAYS AT RICH TOO MUCH COMPARED TOO BANK 1 SENSOR 1. LEFT BANK SWITCHES MUCH BETTER THAN RIGHT.RIGHT HANGS ON THE RICH SIDE I THINK THATS WHY ITS FALING BANK 2 SENOR 2.

Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.
Is that the sensor you replaced?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

bank 2 sensor 2 yes was replaced.bank 2 sensor 1 reading rich too long,not switching compared to bank1 sensor 1. i traded bank 1 injectors with bank 2 same thing.i replced pcv vlave,oil chnage,i pluged up egr valve,i disconnected evap.system.coolant sensor looks normal.what else would cause rich on one bank?.

Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.
Are you sure they flashed the ecm? Or did they just read the codes?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

YES, THEY FLASHED ECM I WAS THEIR AND WE INSTALLED LABELS ALSO FOR NEW UPDATE.

Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.
You could have a vacuum leak, even a minor one causing the computer to overcompensate. Check closely for any leaks including in between the air filter and the throttle body.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

HI NEAL,I HAVE A CODE PO430 AND PO420 NOW.THIS IS CRAZY.NO VACUM LEAKS,NO EXHAUST LEAKS,RIGHT SIDE OEM CAT AND NOW I HAVE A COUPLE OF CODES.I DID PUT A SMOKE MACHINE TO TEST FOR LEAKS.ANY IDEAS WHATS NEXT

Expert:  Neal replied 8 months ago.
If you have ruled out leaks and replaced the cat, it is always possible the computer is bad, it is rare but it does happen. But it sure seems like a vacuum leak or a bad cat at this point.
Neal, Dodge Mechanic
Experience: 30 years experience in Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

HI NEAL,I BACK WITH THE 300 C IF IT WAS A VACUM LEAK WOULD THE FRONT O2 SENSOR SHOW AIR LEAK,IT DOES NOT IT SWITCHING .1 TO .9 I COMPARE TO OTHER SIDE OK.BANK 2 SENSOR 2 SHOWS RICH MOST OF TIME.BANK1 SWITCHING UP DOWN,BUT REAR O2 RICH I CHECKED WIRING OK,I REPLACED O2 SENSOR,CAT BANK 2 AND STILL RUNS RICH BANK 2 SENSOR 2.ANY IDEAS?.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

HI NEAL,SORRY TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK,BUT IT WAS THE CATS BOTH AND TWO FRONT 02 SENSORS AND TWO REAR O2 SENSORS.DEALER ONLY AFTER MARKET DONT WORK .DEALER PARTS ONLY FIXED PROBLEM OK ,NOW.