Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

Truck: 2005 4wd 2500 or 3500 Dodge Truck with 5.9 Cummons When

2005 4wd 2500 or 3500 Dodge Truck with 5.9 Cummons
When put into 4wd light does not come on neither do front hubs lock in but drive says that steering feels that it is engaged.
Could I have an overview of how this system works and any vacuum and electric schematics on this system
Thank you
Keith
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ted G. replied 11 months ago.
More than likely it either has a burnt out light or a bad switch on the transfer case. The hubs are always locked and that is a manual transfer case, so the truck is in 4WD, but if the light hasn't come on then it is simply an electrical fault.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When it was stuck in the mud the front wheels were not turning. Did you say that that was a manual shift?

Expert:  Ted G. replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, I just looked it up and it had both options that year. Does it have a switch on the dash or a lever on the floor?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Lever on the floor/ If it is manual then its pretty much the way it always has been. You say the hubs come full time?

Expert:  Ted G. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, the hubs are splined and the front axle shafts just slide in, they turn all the time.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you