sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

dodge ram 1500 mega cab: I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 mega

I have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 mega cab. recently the electronic throttle control light came on. I took it to the dealer and they said I had to replace the fuse box but it was going to be $975 and $600 for the part. I did it myself for $200. then 2 weeks later it did the same thing and they said it was the throttle body and that would be $600, but the problem stopped, about 4 weeks later it did it again and then they said it was the computer. It mostly comes on in reverse. you have to turn the truck off wait about 5 sec then turn it back on again and it works fine. now it sometimes does in while you are driving in drive. it shacks real bad and you have no throttle response until you turn it off then back on. can you help... CHARLIE

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can turn the ETC light on. The throttle body, powertrain control module, wiring, MAP sensor, accelerator pedal position sensor, an intake restriction, vacuum leaks, etc can all turn the light on.

It sounds like you are having it go into limp-in where it is controlling RPM mainly by manipulation of spark and ignition. It will do this when the PCM thinks it's unable to control RPM using the throttle blade. This is usually due to a failure of the throttle body in one way or another.

What P codes are setting now?