sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

dodge ram: 1994 Dodge 2500 Dieselwhen I went for dinner set

1994 Dodge 2500 Diesel when I went for dinner set the truck alarm, my son tried to enter with the key. I guess this demobilized the truck. How do I reset it as now it wont turn over.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Had to take a cab but would like to get my truck tomorrow.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Without knowing what alarm system you have I can't be for sure, but there is usually a switch under the dash that will allow you to turn the alarm off. It could be a small rocker switch or it could be push-in momentary contact switch. Where it's mounted or if it even is depends on what the installer wanted to do with the switch, so there isn't a standard location. It will be mounted low on the driver's side somewhere or it could just be tucked in with the alarm harness. Try to locate the switch and flip it/push it and see if it will then start. There may be another issue with the truck preventing it from cranking or there could be a failure with the alarm system, but try this first if you think the alarm is the issue.