Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Dodge Durango SLT: Hello again. Replaces tps. Wife was driving

Hello again. Replaces tps. Wife was driving down road and truck shut off on her. Now it starts but won't run right. I believe it's idiling down too much. What to do?

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle concerns, I will do my best to help you with your question.

What year is it?

What is the fuel pressure at when it is running?

Are there any trouble codes?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No codes yet. It's a 2001 4.7 I don't know how to check fuel pressure.
That does sound like a fuel pressure problem Justin. You can normally borrow the kit from Autozone and it is "tee'd" into the fuel rail. Here is a picture of it.
. pressure+test+adapter&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-t_WUfShLYjM9gSA0YBA&biw=1024&bih=629&sei=AODWUf7SKY_29gTB8YDwDQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&

• Specifications

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Now it shuts off like it idols down too much. Will run if I give gas. Is that the iac?

That could be an idle air control problem or just dirt in the air passages in the throttle body.

You will want to do a throttle body cleaning on it to make sure that all of the idle air passages are clear of any carbon build up.

You can normally follow the directions on the can but I always spray some in the intake while the throttle plate is closed to be sure that it gets into all of the passages. You don’t want to use carb cleaner though, as it’s not safe for the 02 sensors.

Also, you want to be sure that there are no vacuum leaks and that the intake air hose is on good and free of any cracks, thanks