Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I need a coupler (rubber intact) for the lower part of steering

I need a coupler (rubber intact) for the lower part of steering column for an 89 Dodge Ram Van B350 (3.9L). Having trouble locating a used or rebuilt one. Do I have to purchase the entire lower column to get the part? I'm not mechanical, and I need some direction.

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! I found the coupler at Rock Auto. go to http://www.rockauto.com/

It is made by Dorman, and the part number is XXXXX

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Chris, the shaft repair kit #425253 doesn't look like it would fix what I need. I do have a diagram of the shaft and the part I'm talking about. On the top of this part it has an extended rubber gasket that had dry rotted or something. I do have a diagram of the part I'm speaking of and could fax it if you want me to. You can call me at(NNN) NNN-NNNNif needed.
Ok, well I am not in a place that has a fax machine but if you could, scan it and then up load it to me using the paper clip icon on the dialog tool bar above.

Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Neither me or my wife could find that icon in the toolbar. I guess at this point I need to see if rockauto can help. He fully I'll be able to speak with someone there that can help me along.
Hmmm, ok well when I get home from work in a few hours I will try to research this a little more Jeff and see if I can find what you need.

Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks.
You are,welcome. I am now home and will see what I can find.

Chris

Jeff, I have looked around this evening for your coupler and I keep finding that same coupler that we found on Rock Auto. I am thinking that this kit is used to rebuild your coupler and that is why it may look different. What do you think?

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Chris, I am going to order it and try it out. Thank you for all of your help. I do appreciate it. Jeff

Ok Jeff, let me know how it goes, and thank you for the positive rating and bonus!

Chris