Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

Ram 2500 SLT: 2011 Ram 2500 Stock Radio Sales Code 130 RES.

2011 Ram 2500 Stock Radio Sales Code 130 RES. May have fried radio trying to improve AM reception. Inadvertently applied 12V to antenna while trying to improve ground. Display works showing time and stations in AM and FM but no audio.
1 - Is the stock radio known for very poor AM reception?
2 - Should I try to repair or replace stock with after market plug and play for better AM?
3 - Is a factory code programing involved?

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! Yes you probably did fry the radio, and I am afraid you will need to replace it. I have seen issues with a poor ground at the antenna base where it mounts to the fender. So when you get the radio replaced, remove the antenna base and scrape off some paint on the inside of the fender where the base contacts the fender. This will improve the ground connection and help with AM reception.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.