Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics

ram 1500: 2001 ram 1500 check engine light code p1492 battery

Customer Question

2001 ram 1500 check engine light code p1492 battery sensor overheat, what is it and where is it. The truck failed Ma. state inspection because of it Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name isXXXXX and I am here to try and assist you with your question.

The P1492 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the Battery Temp Sensor. This sensor is used to determine the battery temperature and control battery charging rate. This temperature data, along with data from monitored line voltage, is used by the PCM to vary the battery charging rate. System voltage will be higher at colder temperatures and is gradually reduced at warmer temperatures. The sensor is located under the battery mounted to the battery tray. Inspect the electrical connector for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the sensor should solve the problem.
graphic
  • -Remove battery.
  • -Disconnect sensor pigtail harness from engine wire harness.
  • -Pry sensor straight up from battery tray mounting hole.

*** PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE A RATING FOR MY ANSWER! RATING THE ANSWER IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE Q&A PROCESS! ***
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

code 0301 misfire #1 cyl possible causes, have allready changed plugs wires cap and rotor

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you have already replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, next you will need to look into the Fuel Injector, Intake Air Leaks, and ultimately, Cylinder Compression. You can give the Injector a quick pre-test with the use of an Ohms meter. Unplug the electrical connector and take a reading across the blades on the injector. If the resistance is not 12.0 ohms +/- 1.2 ohm, the injector will need to be replaced. If the Injector passes this test, there is still a chance it is clogged. With the engine running, unplug the electrical connector. If the engine does not respond, replace the injector. If the engine does respond, you will need to look into intake leaks around Cylinder #1, and then ultimately, a compression test.