ND-TECH
ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified CJDR Master
26707557

Ram 1500 Express Crew: Looking for a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 wiring

Looking for a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 wiring diagram (wire colors) that go to the stock 7 pin trailer connector on bumper (Truck side - not the trailer side)

I see:
Black
Green
Red
White/ ?? (Stripe)
White/?? (Stripe)
?
?

Need definition of each wire (color + what it does) and what pin it goes to on 7 pin connector

Thanks!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 1 year ago.

Ok this is the break down of the 7 pin trailer tow wiring at the connector

PIN description

A white with red tracer (back up lamps)

B black with gray tracer (ground)

C dark green (electric brake feed)

D white with dark green tracer (turn signal control right side)

E red with violet tracer (battery feed)

F brown (park lamps also known as running lamps)

G white with orange tracer (turn signal control left side)

ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience: ASE Certified CJDR Master
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

forgot to ask for Gauge of those wires as I will buy a splice connector. The answer was exactly what I needed! Thank you!

Expert:  ND-TECH replied 1 year ago.

Battery feed and ground are 12 gauge

turn signals and back up lamps are 18 gauge

parking lamps and electric brake feed are 14 gauge

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you!

Expert:  ND-TECH replied 1 year ago.
you are very welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry last one I promise! would any of the 7 be "on" only with the key turned to ACC or car started? If no, where is the easiest place in rear or 2012 Ram 1500 to pull power to rear camera I am installing? Just realized that it will always be "on" of I use pin/wires B and E on the trailer connector.

Looking for a rear location and wire color with a 12 Volt switched on by the ignition.

Expert:  ND-TECH replied 1 year ago.
I would go to the back up lamp feed then it will only have power in reverse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks! I bought a 7 inch wireless monitor to camera as I will have it on 100% while driving as I cannot see out the back window (kids, load, etc.).

I was going to have it toggle with reverse , but will use it 100% of time to see what is behind me. Maybe if not easy, it wont draw too much ? I have the Monitor in the cab on the ignition via the keyed cig lighter, so that is good to go. now for the camera. Thanks for the help

Expert:  ND-TECH replied 1 year ago.
I you plug something into the outlet the monitor is in the I may draw to much and blow the fuse. As for the camera there really is t anything in the rear that has power when key on that is safe to tap into. The only thing is possibly the license plate lights but they may be switched with the head lights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

good stuff. Thank you!!