caravan: 2005 Dodge Caravan. The air bag light is on and I

2005 Dodge Caravan. The air bag light is on and I am getting a code P1000. The light is on solid all of the time after the key is turned on. It does not go off and then come back on like other I have seen.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX P1000 is nit a valid code, how are you getting codes out of this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what I thought. Borrowed a MaxiDas scanner from the guys next door. Seems to be a full function scanner.

does the scanner have a seperate area for the air bags and ABS, or did you pull this code from the engine controller, most code readers will only do engine codes, you need to access the Airbag module to get codes, did you do this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Let me see if I can do that.

let me know,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has four different tests for the air bad under the body control module setting. one for right side air bag, one for left side air bag, one for air bag switch on/off, and one for ORC. when testing the first 3, the scanner cannot communicate with the module. when I test the ORC, that's when it comes up with either P1200 or P1000

then there is a problem with the scanner, there is no P1200 either, when you go to retreive codes, does it ask for either engine codes? ABS? or AIrbag systems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I run a full scan on it, there is a catagory for the air bag system, but it will tell me that it cannot communicate with the module.

then either the scanner does not support this, or the airbag module is bad, I would try the scanner on another vehicle, if it can communicate with the module, then check all the powers and grounds at the airbag module, if they are good, then replace the module,Tim