Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Dodge Grand Caravan ES: Where is crankshaft position sensor

Where is crankshaft position sensor in dodge grand caravan 3.3 2008 thanks

lower rear of engine block:

graphic

graphic

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is a coolant leaking, that s normall

That wasnt your question. you asked where the crank sensor was, which I gave the location.

no, coolant leak is not normal.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So I think that's not a camshaft point sensor

neither a crank sensor or a cam sensor will cause a coolant leak.

you need to get a cooling system pressure gage and do a pressure test where you can physically check where the leak is while it is under pressure

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I looking for cam sensor an you send me a picture where s located cam sensor then I was trying take off and coolest starts leaking

Ok, you NEVER asked for the location of the cam sensor. You specifically asked for location of the crank sensor.

As these diagrams cost money to provide, are you sure it is the camshaft position sensor you need the location of?

It sounds like you loosened the engine coolant temperature sensor and that is why the coolant was leaking out.

Describe in as much detail as you can, the location of the sensor you loosened that started leaking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry! Ok I looking for location of crankshaft point sensor ,the picture what you provide is not enough for me to locate this sensor

Ok, it is towards the bottom of the engine block on the backside(this is the side that faces the rear of the vehicle). It is near where the engine and transmission bolt together, just about the oil pan.

You have to jack front end up and crawl underneath the vehicle to see it, it will be underneath the exhaust pipe on the engine block. you will not see it or access it from the top of the engine compartment
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didn't found it but it s ok thank
HI,

Ok, sorry about that. that is the best I can describe its location and those are the only diagrams of location that dodge provides for it