-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge Charger: My battery went dead on my 2007 Dodge Charger.

My battery went dead on my 2007 Dodge Charger. I got it jumped started, then installed a new battery. Now it will not start. It doesn't turn over at all. Does the anti-theft need to be reset? The lights do flash on in the car, then they go out.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.

Brad :

Hello welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Brad :

I'm a Dodge dealership technician and I'm going to do my best to answer your question..

Brad :

I'm going to have to ask some questions before I know what has happened..

Brad :

Ok will the remotes work? As far as locking and unlocking the doors?

Customer:

Okay Brad. Yes. the remotes work

Brad :

Great!!! Is there a red light on in dash?

Customer:

All of the lights come on when the key is turned, then they all go out except for the mileage

Brad :

Thank you for the information..

Brad :

Does the shifter position show "Park"?

Customer:

yes.

Brad :

Ok great!! But it won't turn the engine over at all?

Customer:

no, the engine does not turn over at all

Customer:

Also, a scanner will not read

Brad :

Can you do me a favor and disconnect the negative battery terminal and hold it on the positive post for 10 sec.. Then reconnect the battery?

Brad :

This is a "Hard Reset" to see if a module is locked up..

Brad :

Take your time

Customer:

That has already been done, it didn't do anything. (I'm on the phone with my husband)

Brad :

I understand..

Customer:

Thanks Brad, they just changed the fuse and the car started. Thanks for your help!

Brad :

You are very welcome!!! I was getting a wiring diagram as we speak..

Brad :

Guess the new battery blowed the fuse.. If you need anything else feel free to ask.

Customer:

I think my husband got all competitive when he knew I was online with an expert. It kicked his brain into gear!

Brad :

That is too funny.. I have been working on these for 14 yrs at the Dodge dealership so it was fixing to get fixed..

Glad you husband didn't give up.. Tell him I said "Great Job"!!!

Customer:

Thanks again!

Brad :

Well thank you for allowing me to assist you.. If you need anything in the future, feel free to request me...

-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience: 16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)