Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

The keyless entry on my 2006 Dodge Durango is not working properly...Ive

Customer Question

The keyless entry on my 2006 Dodge Durango is not working properly...I've changed the battery in one remote and just had a completely new key made and it still does not work...what can I do to fix it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Try doing a complete system reset by disconnecting the battery and touching the battery cables together for 30 seconds this will completely discharge and reset all the modules in the vehicle then reattach the battery cables tell me if this makes any change or if this symptom still persists
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did this but it still does not work. Is there a fuse that may need replacing or what would the next step be?
Do the power door locks work with the push button in the vehicle itself ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the power door locks work inside the vehicle. The only issue is with the use of the remote.
Two very possible that the wireless receiver is just not functioning properly you'll need a compatible scan tool and see if the module is getting the signal when you activate your keyless entry remote. Unfortunately you may need to go to the dealer if you cannot find a repair shop that has acompatible scan tool this is a very limited function and not many scan tools will do it