Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge RAM 1500 SRT10: why is the gear shaft poping out, when

Customer Question

why is the gear shaft poping out, when in reverse on my sr10 dodge pu?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the shifters popping out on it's own when you release the clutch then this is going to usually caused by a faulty or worn errands in the transmission allowing the shaft to get out of alignment. Drain the fluid from the transmission and see if there is any metallic to breathe it comes out with the fluid
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If infact it is worn out, how much would somthing like this cost o fix? Rund about, anyway.
To rebuild it is probably approximately $3500 to replace it with the used transmission you're probably looking at about $1700
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

SO YOUR SAYING THAT IF IT HAS METALLIC IN THE TRANS. OIL, I NEED A NEW TRANSMISSION? iT ONLY HAPPENS IN REVERSE,JUST BOUGHT THIS TRUCK TODAY ...AS IS...COULD IT BE ANYTHING ELSE,LOL....NEW GEAR SHIFT?

Like I said the most common cause is going to be an internal problem in the transmission and if there's a lot of debris in the fluid that would be a good indication that something is coming apart in the transmission then yes it would need to be rebuilt
I really hope that I have succeeded in fulfilling your expectations. If there's any reason at all that you need more help or a better explanation feel free to ask me. Remember I do not get paid until you accept, the even if you may to deposit. The most important thing to me is positive feedback, so please give me the opportunity to correct any problems or to make you completely satisfied. And please remember to leave positive feedback.