Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge: i have a 1994 dodge dakota and the oil pressure light

Customer Question

i have a 1994 dodge dakota and the oil pressure light turns on and blinks and the oil pressure gauge bounces back from normal to nothing. i have change the oil pressure gauge and the cluster. no change with the problem. what should i do to test this thank you
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Using the manual oil pressure Test gauge check and see if the oil pressure is remaining steady while the gauge is bouncing up and down. Let me know what you find
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the oil pressure is steady with the manual gauge while the trucks gauge bounces up and down
It's really likely that you have a faulty instrument cluster then remove the instrument cluster make sure that the connector is not damaged and it is firmly plugged into the back of the cluster itself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i checked the cluster connector, cleaned it, lubed and put in another one and the same problem came up
Check the ground to the cluster.
It grounds on the center of the dash near the braided ground strap for the radio. If OK, check for a bad connector on the cluster or a bad circuit board
I really hope that I have succeeded in fulfilling your expectations. If there's any reason at all that you need more help or a better explanation feel free to ask me. Remember I do not get paid until you accept, the even if you may to deposit. The most important thing to me is positive feedback, so please give me the opportunity to correct any problems or to make you completely satisfied. And please remember to leave positive feedback.