Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Dodge technician
17254274

Dodge Charger SE: 2007 dodge charger wont start

Customer Question

2007 dodge charger won't start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Daniel :

Hi, I'm Daniel. Welcome to Just Answer. You cannot ask to many questions. Only positive feedback needed while in info request. Lets get started.

Daniel :

Are all of your lights working and the radio and such?

Customer:

the lights come on

Customer:

hello danial, sorry I'm jamaar

Daniel :

good deal

Customer:

the story is i had a guy putting in a new deck

Customer:

with speakers

Daniel :

Yes

Customer:

an out of no where it won't start

Customer:

it makes a "clicking noise" in the trunk

Daniel :

is the security light on?

Customer:

no

Customer:

what does it look like

Customer:

nothing comes on

Daniel :

In case one of the hot wires was grounded you will need to check fuses. everything that has to do with battery or ignition or

Daniel :

I would check witres to the radio if I were there.

so I am going to send you a diagram so you know which wires should be used.

Customer:

ok so thats why the radio doesn't come on but lights come on

Customer:

ok thanks

Daniel :

unless you have amanual with diagram and have checked the wiring to make sure it is good already

Customer:

no i don't have a manual

Customer:

no i didn't check the wires i know nothing about car!!

Daniel :

I am going to switch us to Q and a so I can send you diagram. I cant send it through chat .

Customer:

the guy that hooked it up said he did

Customer:

ok

Daniel :

Ok then you will have it so it can be used a reference

Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience: Dodge technician
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so is it the radio? thats not allow the car to start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,so is it the radio? thats not allow the car to start?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

click here for diagram. ,of course you will have to know your new radio's wire color and id. But I am pointing at a bad fuse or a missplaced wire. unless by chance the starter has just gone out. in which case you would simply check for voltage at starter connection while cranking the engine or attempting to. Please let me knowif you need anything else. I wouldnt think it would be a bad idea to check all fuses just incase.

Thanks Daniel

Please follow up with me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do u know what fuse it may be could it be the rely fuse ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
click here of course the window wiper relay wont be needing checked but the relay one and the accessory and running relay do. and all fuses. You can trade relays around if they are the same make up. They should show the same numbers. Thanks for letting me clear that up. and please know I am here for any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok this diagram is for the fuse box under the hood can i also get one for in fuse box in the trunk?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

yes one moment.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Click here Thanks for following up with me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this diagram for a 2007 Charger? 3.5 L
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Yes

unless i sent you the wrong cars fuse box. Let me recheck.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thats yours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the numbers on the fuse box don't correlate with the ones thats on the diagram
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will take a look tomarrow2007 dodge charger won't start

Country: United States
Make: Dodge
Model: Charger SE
Year: 2007
Engine: 3.4L

Already Tried:
Disconnect the battery, jumping the battery, touching the two disconnected battery cables together.

Detail Required: HIGH; Urgency: HIGH

This is the info I looked it up on so make sure its right.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here