cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to work on all makes and models

Dodge Intrepid: I have 1999 intrepid with overheating problems

I have 1999 intrepid with overheating problems I allready replaced radiator,thermostat,all electric fans are working. some times when is overheating if we turn the heather on then the gauge goes back to normal but still running a little hot
Ok this can be caused by air pockets in the cooling system or a faulty headgasket was these checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we have bled the system for air through the valve on top of the engine. But have not checked for blown head faulty headgaskets. Do I need to do a pressure test in the cylinders to check for blown headgaskets?

Yes you need to check all cylinders and also check for excessive hydrocarbons out the top of the radiator as well as the exhaust .This will tell you if the headgasket is cracked causing this issue.Unfortunately this is common on these vehicles .This is what I would check next for this issue .Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.